Ph.D (IIM Lucknow)
IT and Operations Management
IT and Operations Management
Profile & History
Dr. Dhanshyam Mahavadi is an Assistant Professor in IT and Operations Management Area at the Goa Institute of Management.
He is a Ph.D. from the Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow. He pursued his Post Graduate Programme in Management from the Symbiosis International University, Pune and a Bachelors in Technology in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from the Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad. Before joining GIM, he worked as an Assistant Professor in the Operations Management and Supply Chain Area of Jindal Global Business School, Sonipat. He has a rich industry experience of around nine years in companies such as Coal India Limited (CIL) and Jindal Steel and Power Limited. His experience comprises Project Management, Maintenance and Safety Management, Quality Management, Procurement planning and Public Administration. He is a qualified Energy Manager, Lean Sigma Black Belt Candidate, and holds a Professional Diploma in Contract Management.
His research interests are in the areas of Public Procurement, Public Private Partnerships and Public Infrastructure contracts, Waste Management, Energy Economics, and Behavioural Operations. In his research, he works on the contracts and policy frameworks across these domains. He has published research articles in journals of international repute.
His teaching interest includes Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Operations Strategy, Quality Management, Project Management, Behavioural Operations Management, Business Statistics and Operations Research.
· Dhanshyam, M., & Srivastava, S. K. (2021). Governance structures for public infrastructure projects: Public–private management regimes, contractual forms and innovation. Construction Management and Economics, 39(8), 652-668. (ABDC – A)
· Dhanshyam, M., & Srivastava, S. K. (2021). Effective policy mix for plastic waste mitigation in India using System Dynamics. Resources, Conservation and Recycling, 168, 105455. (Impact factor: 13.716)
· Dhanshyam, M., Abhinav, & Nagendra, A. (2017). Analysis of awareness and attitude of residents towards household waste management. International Journal of Applied Business and Economic Research, 15(1), 457-470.
• Dhanshyam, M. (2022). Are Recreational Activities Really Recreational at the Workplace?. In Achieving $5 Trillion Economy of India (pp. 103-119). Springer, Singapore.
• Srivastava, S.K. & Dhanshyam, M. (2022, June). Efficient Risk Mitigation Strategies in Public Infrastructure Service Contracts using Monte Carlo Simulation and DEA. International Conference on Data Analytics in Public Procurement and Supply Chain (ICDAPS), NITIE, Mumbai (Online mode).
• Dhanshyam, M. & Srivastava, S. K. (2022, April). Traffic risk mitigation mechanisms in Build-Operate-Transfer (BOT) road concessions using dynamic real options approach. 32nd POMS International Conference, Orlando, U.S. (virtual mode).
• Dhanshyam, M. & Srivastava, S. K. (2021, December). Risk Mitigation mechanisms in Public-Private Partnership (PPP) contracts using dynamic real options approach. POMS India International Conference, SPJIMR, Mumbai (virtual mode).
• Dhanshyam, M. & Srivastava, S. K. (2021, December). Determinants of Governance Structures in Public-Private Partnerships (PPPs): Evidence from India. POMS India International Conference, SPJIMR, Mumbai (virtual mode).
• Dhanshyam, M. & Srivastava, S. K. (2021, November). Determinants of PPP Governance Structures: Evidence from India. 24th Annual Conference of The Society of Operations Management (SOM-2021), XLRI, Jamshedpur (virtual mode).
• Dhanshyam, M. (2018, December). Assessment of effectiveness of recreational facilities at the workplace and the need for flexible approach for their design. Eighteenth Global Conference of The Global Institute of Flexible Systems Management, GLOGIFT 18, IIM Lucknow.
• Dhanshyam, M. & Srivastava, S. K. (2021, December). Risk Mitigation mechanisms in Public-Private Partnership (PPP) contracts using dynamic real options approach. POMS India Doctoral Colloquium, SPJIMR, Mumbai (virtual mode).
• Dhanshyam, M. & Srivastava, S. K. (2021, February). Governance structures for public service provision: Contractual forms for public-private mix of management regimes. IMR Doctoral Conference, IIM, Bangalore (virtual mode).
• Dhanshyam, M. & Srivastava, S. K. (2020, November). Procurement schemes for public services: Contractual forms for public-private regimes. Society of Operations Management (SOM) Doctoral Colloquium, XLRI, Jamshedpur (virtual mode) (Awarded 2nd Best paper).