BE, PGDHRM, PhD
BE, PGDHRM, PhD
Areas of Expertise
Hybrid Organizing, Social Entrepreneurship and Employee Engagement
Profile & History
Dr. Padmavathi Shenoy holds a Ph.D. from Indian Institute of Management Tiruchirappalli. She has decade long diverse and balanced experience in industry and academia. Her industry experience is wide and varied with techno-functional roles in MNCs such as Dell International Services and as HR manager at multiple start-ups. Being in academia, Dr. Shenoy has actively catalyzed industry-academia-community engagement by signing several MoUs with public sector enterprises, small and medium Industries association and agricultural associations. She has also conceptualized and delivered life skills and employability enhancement training programs targeted towards socio-economically backward communities.
Courses taught: Interpersonal and Group Processes, Organizational Structure and Design
- Received full scholarship from Society for the Advancement of Socio-Economics Society to present paper at 32nd SASE conference (2020) at University of Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Principal Investigator (2011-2014) of “Establishment and Sustainable Management of Industry-Institute Partnership Cell” with a grant of $11,600 from All India Council for Technical Education, New Delhi, India
- Best Paper award for “Strategic Industry Institute Interaction in Technical Education: Challenges and Possible Outcomes” (2011) at National Conference sponsored by University Grants Commission, India
- Vashishth, A., Prasad, M., Shenoy, P., & Mohnot, J. (2021). Taking stock and moving forward: A case for organizational theories in service quality research. Under review at Services Marketing Quarterly.
Refereed Conference Proceedings:
- Shenoy, P & Chattopadhyay, S. (2018) Regaining the balance in proself and prosocial motivations in context of social enterprises. 78th Annual Meeting of Academy of Management at Chicago, Illinois, USA. https://journals.aom.org/doi/10.5465/AMBPP.2018.18397abstract
- Shenoy, P & Chattopadhyay, S. (2020). Dared to Care: Mechanisms of Logic Hybridization in Community Ophthalmology Field. 80th Annual Meeting of Academy of Management at Vancouver, Canada held on 7-11th August, 2020. https://journals.aom.org/doi/abs/10.5465/AMBPP.2020.20406abstract
5 Years in Academia. 4.5 Year in the Industry