- Ph.D. (IIM Indore)
- Fellow - Shastri Indo Canadian Institute (SICI)
- Visiting Doctoral Scholar (Rowe School of Business, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Canada)
- Fellow - Hewitt Aon Think Tank Initiative
- PGDM (Finance)
- B.Sc. (Agriculture)
Areas of Expertise
Human Resource Management, Multilevel modelling
Profile & History
I teach and research in human resource management and allied topics. My current interests in terms of research questions are as follows: How to better predict team level behavioural outcomes? What methodological options are presently available to us? How if any, can we use better aggregation techniques? I believe that applications of sound psychological principles at the workplace and in life can substantially increase our effectiveness and contribution to both the organisation and to society at large.
Courses taught: Organizational Behaviour – 1, Strategic Human Resource Management,
- Das, R. (2020). Building metatheory: a demonstration using the critical social marketing discourse. International Journal of Management Concepts and Philosophy.
- Das, R. (2020). Alternative Research Paradigms in Marketing: History, Critical Theory and Technology Inspired Research!
- Das, R. (2019). Islamic banking in the United Arab Emirates: Is embeddedness a contextual antecedent of performance and corporate governance outcomes? Social Business, Westburn.
- Das, R. (2019). Quality of life concerns in emerging economy tourist destinations: A Network paradigm perspective. Int. J. of Knowledge Management in Tourism and Hospitality [Inderscience Publication]
- Das, R. (2018). Diversity Management as a strategic human resource agenda: Critique and Roadmap. Strategic HR Review. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1108/SHR-10-2018-0084 [Emerald publication]
- Das, R. & Kodwani, A. D. (2018). Strategic human resource management: A power based critique. Benchmarking: an International Journal, 25 (4), 1213-1231. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1108/BIJ-09-2016-0143 [Emerald publication] [An ABDC - B journal]
- Das, R., Jain, K. K. and Mishra, S. K. (2018). Archival research: A neglected method in organization studies. Benchmarking: an International Journal, 25 (1), 138-155. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1108/BIJ-08-2016-0123 [Emerald publication] [An ABDC - B journal]
- Das, R. (2017). Postmodern Consumption in India: A conceptualization and case Synthesis. International Journal of Indian Culture and Business Management, 15 (2), 170-182. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1504/IJICBM.2017.086087 [Inderscience] [An ABDC - C journal]
- Das, R. (2017). Institutionalism in Organization studies: Navigating Paradigmatic Incommensurability. International Journal of Management Concepts and Philosophy, 10 (1). DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1504/IJMCP.2017.10002877 [Inderscience] [An ABDC - C journal]
- Das, R. (2017). Diversity Scholarship and Impact on Performance: Research Synthesis and Directions for Theory Building. IUP Journal of Organizational Behaviour, 16 (1), 7-18. ISSN: 0972-687X
- Das, R. (2016). United bank of India: A Strategic Analysis using the VRIO method. IUP Journal of Bank Management, 15 (2), 21-37. ISSN: 0972-6918
- Das, R. (2016). Economic Exchange: Interdisciplinary Conceptualizations for Management Applications. Vilakshan: XIMB Journal of Management, 13 (2), 115-124. ISSN: 0973-1954
- Sundararajan, B., Das, R., Vela, S., & Williams, K. (2019). TAEC Model of Diversity for Organizational Effectiveness. Presented at the Southern Management Association Conference, Oct 6-10, 2019, Norfolk, Virginia (Southern Management Association is home of the Journal of Management)
- Das, R. & Mishra, S. K. (2017). Temporal Focus as a Determinant of Work Motivation and Behaviour: A Lifespan Perspective. 7th Management Doctoral Colloquium and Research Scholars Day (MDC & RS) organized by Vinod Gupta School of Management, IIT Kharagpur on 8th and 9th February, 2017.
- Das, R. (2017). Figurations and Configurations in Marketing in an Emerging Market Context: A Methodological Review. ICMEE marketing conference, Ahmedabad.
- Das, R. (2016). Critical Theorizing in Marketing and the Rural Development Agenda: a Dialectical Inquiry and Research Directions. IRMA, Anand, Gujarat.
- Das, R. (2016). Economic Exchange: Interdisciplinary and Critical Conceptualizations to Understand Managerial Applications. 7th International Conference on Excellence in Research and Education (CERE), held at Indian Institute of Management, Indore from 5th - 8th May 2016.
- Das, R. (2016). Addressing Sustainability in Third World Tourism: A Marketing System Perspective. 7th International Conference on Excellence in Research and Education (CERE), held at Indian Institute of Management, Indore from 5th - 8th May 2016.
- Das, R. (2015). Critical Tradition of Theorizing In Marketing: Literature Review and Synthesis. Third PAN-IIM World Management Conference (WMC) at Indian Institute of Management, Indore.
- Das, R. (2015). A Neo-institutionalist process model for successfully transcribing Mandatory CSR in India. Third PAN-IIM World Management Conference (WMC) at Indian Institute of Management, Indore.
- Das, R. (2015). United Bank of India: Strategic Analysis of failure and Roadmap for Rejuvenation. 4th Biennial Indian Academy of Management conference, organized at Indian Institute of Management Lucknow - Noida campus, Delhi.
- Das, R. (2015). Postmodern Consumption in India: A Conceptualization and Case Synthesis. 4th Biennial Indian Academy of Management conference, organized at Indian Institute of Management Lucknow - Noida campus, Delhi.
Four years as Associate Consultant, Risk & Compliance Consulting Department at Oracle Financial Services Software Limited (OFSSL) and ten months in retail banking operations and agriculture loans (Specialist cadre) in a large public sector bank.