GIM - Faculty Recruitment
The Goa Institute of Management (GIM), established in 1993, is one among the top few business schools of India.The institute is looking for bright persons with interests in teaching, scholarship and research, and networking with industry. GIM currently offers 5 PGDM programs and one Doctoral level programme: (i) the flagship PGDM program; (ii) the country's leading PGDM Health Care Management program; (iii) PGDM Big Data Analytics program; (iv) a newly launched first of its kind PGDM in Banking Insurance & Financial Service; (v) a weekend part-time PGDM program for working executives, and (vi) a Doctoral level Fellowship Programme in Management.
The faculty role includes teaching, research, consultancy, conducting MDPs and In-company programmes, seminars, conferences, serving on committees, guidance of student activities, interaction with and guidance of students and alumni. Faculty shall also take on, as and when called upon, the academic administrative responsibilities of the Institute.
The Goa Institute of Management offers a high degree of academic freedom. GIM faculty salary scales are slightly higher than the 7th pay commission and in comparison to salaries offered by the best B-Schools in the country. Over and above, GIM has a lucrative performance incentive scheme for research, teaching & academic administration. GIM has ample accommodation available in its state-of-the-art scenic campus located at the foothills of the western ghats.
Positions at all levels and desired specialisations are available as described below. Required qualifications and experience are as follows:
- Assistant Professor: Ph. D. with First Class or equivalent (in terms of grades, etc.) at the preceding degree, with a very good academic record throughout, and 2 years in teaching/ research/ industrial experience.
- Associate Professor: Ph.D. with a First Class or equivalent (in terms of grades etc.) at the preceding degree, with a very good academic record throughout, and minimum of eight years in teaching/ research/ industry experience of which at least three years should be at the level of Assistant Professor.
- Professor: Ph.D. with a First Class or equivalent (in terms of grades etc.) at the preceding degree, with a very good academic record throughout, and minimum of ten years in teaching/ research/ industrial experience of which at least five years should be at the level of Associate Professor.
- Senior Professor: PhD with first class or equivalent (in terms of goods, etc) with a minimum of 18 years of teaching in a well-established institution and whose research or publications have achieved wide recognition.
An outstanding engineer/technologist who has worked at Senior positions in industry and has established a reputation, and who has made significant contribution to knowledge, but not having a Ph.D. degree, may also be considered for appointment to the post of Assistant or Associate Professor, on contract basis.
Desirable specialisations in the following areas will be applicable:
Finance & Accounting Area
- Financial Accounting
- Cost & Management Accounting
- Banking Technology
- Risk Management
- Digital Marketing
- Advertising Sales Promotion
- Marketing Analytics
- Research Methods
- Business Law
- Business Communication
Operations & Systems
- Operations Management
- Information Systems Management
Health Care Management
- Health IT / Analytics
- Pharmaceutical Marketing / Management
Big Data Analytics
- Big Data Analytics
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Block Chain
- Organisational Behaviour
- Human Resource Management
Applications are also invited from well qualified and exceptional candidates in all areas of management.
The faculty recruitment process will consist of a research seminar followed by an interview.
Current GIM faculty can also apply for open recruitment and if they qualify, accordingly they will move to the new designation and pay scale.
Only faculty who have completed their PhD (the degree has been awarded) are eligible for open recruitment as Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Professor or Senior Professor. Faculty who are on the verge of completing a PhD can be considered for appointment as Senior Lecturers and will be promoted to Assistant Professor on completion of PhD.
The Institute reserves the right to change the above conditions without notice.
Completed applications may be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or sent by post to the following address:
The Director, Goa Institute of Management, Village Poriem, Sankhali, Sattari, Goa 403505 by the 30TH of September 2020. Applicants are expected to specify which position and specialisation/ area they are applying for. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
Posted on 17th September 2020