CEO of AIC-GIM FOUNDATION
GIM in association with Atal Incubation Mission (NITI Aayog), Government of India has established an Incubator to promote entrepreneurial leadership across all disciplines, facilitate entrepreneurial activity on campus at AIC-GIM Incubation Centre. The Incubation setup would include physical and virtual incubation facilities.
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) will be the key member of the incubator executive team, who is responsible for leading the development and execution of the incubator, day to day management decisions and implementation of the incubator's long- and short-term plans, under the guidance of Governing Board and Advisory cum-Monitoring Committee. In short, the CEO is responsible for managing the operations, planning, marketing and the development of the Incubator.
The CEO acts as a direct liaison between NITI Aayog's AIM and AIC-GIM Foundation management and interacts with industries, investors and public sector bodies. He/ she will manage corporate partner relations, start-up mentor engagement, training, education, course design and research on incubators & start-ups as part of AIC-GIM incubator.
Roles and Responsibilities: The key responsibilities of the CEO will be
- to manage the same in a sustainable and growth-oriented manner in terms of increasing the profile, diversity and competence of incubated start-up ventures.
- to design and mobilize a network of Mentors, Subject Matter Experts and Strategic partners for helping the incubated start-ups in early growth stage.
- to design and help in designing, marketing, coordinating the training, education, mentoring sessions and feedback.
- the day-to-day operations of the incubator,
- attracting funds through Grants and other means,
- administering the earnings and expenses related to the operations and expansion of the Centre under the directions of the Governing Body of the incubator,
- complying with all regulatory requirements, and
- making strategic decisions to steer the Centre towards becoming a world-class Centre for nurturing start-ups.
He/she will be expected to work closely with the students and faculty at GIM to help nurture entrepreneurship at GIM.
The candidates are expected to possess the knowledge/skills in the following areas:
- Business incubation programs
- Marketing/sales principles
- Start-up related central, state, and local laws, rules, ordinances, statutes, and regulations
- Public relations principles
- Budget Administration
- Business development and finance
Qualifications & experience: The candidate must hold a MBA/ PGDM or its equivalent from a recognized Institution, and have a minimum of 8-10 years of experience. Preference would be given to those who have worked for business incubator/VC as CEO, or in senior management position. Preference would also be given to entrepreneurs. Moreover, those who have worked for start-ups or multinationals at higher positions would also stand a good chance.
Age: Not above 50 years as on 30.06.2020.
Tenure of appointment: The appointment shall be on contract for a period of two years initially. This may be extendable by 2 years by mutual consent subject to satisfactory performance.
Salary: The salary will be competitive with the best in the incubator space.
The interview of shortlisted candidates will be held on line. The candidates must have scanned copies of all original certificates/testimonials ready for verification at the time of interview. The date and time of the interview will be intimated on mobile/email. The candidates are, therefore, advised to check their email regularly after the last date of receipt of application.
Interested candidates may send their on-line application along with scanned copies of relevant details and self-attested copies of testimonials regarding qualifications and work experience to careers@ gim.ac.in by 5th October 2020.
Posted on 28th September 2020