Areas of Expertise
Organizational Behavior, Learning and Development
Profile and History
Dr. Anamika Sinha is a PhD from University of Lucknow and has a diverse experience of having worked in NGOs, Telecom and IT firms, and academia. She has deep level understanding of human processes and is pursuant in Professional Development Program from Indian Society for Applied Behavior Sciences, New Delhi. She is certified trainer from Dale Carnegie Institute of Training and Development, A certified DISC assessor from Thomas Assessment Centre and a Certified Coach from Erickson International Ltd. Her work experience spans over 20 years. She has consulted many organizations like MIDHANI, GSFC, NDDB, Torrent Power, Saath, Janvikas, TRL Krosaki etc in the areas of competency mapping, HR audit and behavioral training programs. She prefers to teach subjects on learning and development, psychometric assessment, organizational and individual capability building. She also facilitates sessions at IIM, Ahmedabad for Senior Leadership Development Programs.
- Sinha A. (2011) Torrent Power Ltd: Illuminating Lives of Indian Slums, Case Centre, Reference no. 711-036-1
- Sinha A. & Varkkey Biju,(2015). ‘Addrec solution: Building organizational capabilities for growth’, Harvard Business Case Collection, W14689-PDF-ENG
- Sinha A and Biju Varkkey, (2015). ‘Training Delivery Faux Paus: A story from a trainers daily diary’, Published at IIM A Case collection, also listed with Sage and Emerald case collection
- Sinha A and Biju Varkkey, (2017) ‘Professionalizing a religio-centric family owned firm through work place learning intervention’, Vikalpa. 42(4), 251-260. (C as per ABDC)
- Sinha A., A W Ltd: Managing change,(2016). Harvard Business Case Collection
- Sinha A and Biju Varkkey,(2017) Paradox of training metrics, Published at IIM A Case collection, also on emerald case collection
- Sinha A, Biju Varkkey and Priyanka Dave, (2018) Project Nirman: the way Ahead, South Asian Journal of Business and Management Cases.
- Sinha A. & Kaul Natashaa. (2014). ‘Motivating Sales Executives: A systems Perspective’. Indian Journal of Training and Development, Volume 44, No.1 January- March, 2014
- Jyoti Verma and Anamika Sinha,(2016) ‘Knowledge Sharing in Cross-Functional Teams and its Antecedents: Role of Mutual Trust as a Moderator’. Journal of Innovation and Knowledge Management, 15(03), 1650033 ( Category C as per ABDC listing)
- Sinha A, Jatin Pandey and Biju Varkkey, (2017). ‘Professionalizing religious family-owned organizations : An examination of human resource challenges’ South Asian Journal of Management, vol. 24 Issue 2, p7-24. 18p.(Category C as per ABDC)
- Meenakshi N. and Sinha A. (2019). ‘Food Delivery apps in India: Wherein lies the success strategy’. Strategic Direction. Vol 23, issue 7, 8-10 (Category C as per ABDC)
- Sinha A, Varkkey Biju and Meenakshi N (2019). ‘Design thinking for improving employee experience: a case of a food tech company in India’, Development and Learning in Organizations: an International Journal. (Category C as per ABDC)
- Sharma M, Pandey J and Sinha A, (2019) ‘Psychological contract breach and voluntary behavioural outcomes: A moderated- mediation Model’, South Asian Journal of Management, Vol 26-Issue 1, 1-7 (Category C as per ABDC)
- Sinha A., Varkkey B., Saha S., Kakkad S. (2020). ‘Professionalising Indian Family firm through internal HR marketing: A case of Ratnamani Metals and Tubes Ltd. Benchmarking: An international Journal. Doi: 1463-5771DOI10.1108/BIJ (Category B in ABDC)
- Dave P., Sinha A., Varkkey B., (2020) ‘Workplace learning in the IT sector: Building a case for investment.’ Development and Learning in Organizations: an International Journal.
- Presented a co-authored paper at COSMAR 2013, IISC Bangalore on “ An Examination of cross functional teams towards Knowledge sharing “ The paper was awarded the best paper award in HR and OB category
- Presented a co-authored paper at IIM Calcutta World Conference at Goa 2013, IIM Calcutta on “Antecedents of Knowledge Sharing: An Empirical Investigation of Information Technology Firms” in poster presentation.
- Presented a case at International Case colloquium 2013, SVIM Indore on “ A tradeoff between rigidity and resource” the case was awarded the best case study award
- Presented a case at ISB IVEY CASE CHASE COMPETITION 2013. “To be or Not To be: Talent management challenges in a growing recruitment process outsourcing firm” The case was awarded Best case study Award in entrepreneurship category
- Presented a case at CII Edgefarm case study competition 2017 on “Managing a rebel: A leadership challenge”. The case won the second prize
- Presented a paper at ICEIM-2020 at Pandit Deen Dayal Petroleum University, Gandhinagar on “Retaining Rural Medical professionals in India: Role of Public Service Motivation”. The paper was awarded the best Prize
- Sinha, A., Muncherji, N., & Shah, R., Transforming HR Creating a culture for change and CSR. New Delhi: Excel India Publication, (2015).
- Muncherji, N., Sinha, A., & Shah, R., Business Excellence and Leadership: Transforming HR for Enhanced Organizational Capability. New Delhi: Excel India Publication, (2015).
- Shah, R., Muncherji, N., & Sinha, A., Innovative Process for Transforming HR for enhanced organizational capability. New Delhi: Excel India Publication, (2015).
- Sinha A. & Arunachalam N (2017). Darting Performance Managing growth, Human Capital, October issue
- Sinha A. (2018) Are you what you tweet, Human capital, January Issue
- Sinha A. (2018) The Posh Infringement, Human Capital, March Issue
- Sinha A. (2018). The Illusion of Time, Human Capital, August Issue
- Sinha A. (2015). Make a choice’, Human capital, April issue
- Sinha A. (2015). Radhika’s Dilemma, Human Capital, February issue.
- Sinha A. (2020). HR Challenges during COVID 19 crises. July Issue
Started career with Koshika Telecom Ltd. (Ushafone), the first cellular operators of Bihar UP and Orissa as Management Trainee, and then joined SSI Ltd to lead the franchise development team as Area Sales Manager. Then shifted to academics working for MGV’s IMR, Nasik, Amity Global Business School, Ahmedabad, Nirma University Ahmedabad. In between did a tenure at Defence Services Staff College, Wellington and an NGO Janvikas which is one of the largest NGOs of Gujarat with multiple projects in the area of Human rights and legal advocacy, NGO governance, urban skilling and education, women empowerment.