- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Economics on ‘Human Development in Rajasthan: The Education Challenge’, Maharshi Dayanand Saraswati University, Ajmer (2005).
- ITP from CEIBS, China 2015
- FDPM, Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad 2008.
- M. A. (Economics), Maharshi Dayanand Saraswati University, Ajmer (1999) First position in University, Gold Medal.
- Masters in Journalism and Mass Communication, Vardhman Mahaveer Open University, Kota (2006).
- Passed NET Examination, July 2000- Certificate no: A 000583(Conducted by UGC).
- Passed SLET Examination, 1999 (conducted by RPSC, Ajmer).
- Successfully completed Intec UK Auditor/Lead Auditor Training (IRCA, UK certified course).
Areas of Expertise
Research, Pedagogy and SDGs
Profile & History
Dr. Divya Singhal is Professor in the area of General Management and Chairperson - Centre for Social Sensitivity and Action (CSSA) at GIM.
She joined GIM in the year 2006. She has four years journalism experience and almost four years teaching experience prior to GIM. She was a Doctoral Fellow, ICSSR Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India and was a recipient of President Guide Award (It is a National Level Award and the certificate signed by Hon’ble President of India.) She currently teaches subjects -Business Research Methods and Lyrics & Management. Her research interests have been in the areas of human development, gender issues, socioeconomics, governance, education, quality management etc.
Courses taught: Business Research Methods, Social Responsibility and Action, Lyrics(Music) and Management, Quality Management
- Member – Education Committee Goa Chamber of Commerce and Industry (GCCI) 19-21
- Member -Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) Western Region Taskforce on Education 2020-21
- Member - Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) Western Region Task force on Social Development Initiative:20-21
- Member- Anti-Poverty working Group, Principles for Responsible Management Education (PRME)Latest PRME report can be accessed from here https://www.unprme.org/reports/PRMEREPORT1820GIM.pdf
Published more than 50 papers in national and international journals/magazines on issues ranging from education, development, gender, quality management, social responsibility etc. Two of my books on Hindi Poems was published. A book on ISO 9001 was published with PHI New Delhi.
- Padhmanabhan Vijayaraghavan and Singhal Divya (2020) A Descriptive Study of Indian General Public’s Psychological responses during COVID-19 Pandemic Lockdown Period in India, https://psyarxiv.com/jeksn/ April 2020
- Singhal Divya and D’souza Athena (2020), “Creating a safe working environment: The Zatlar’s struggle against sexual harassment”, Sage Business Case, http://dx.doi.org/10.4135/9781529712919
- Jog, D. and Singhal, D. (2019), "Pseudo green players and their greenwashing practices: a differentiating strategy for real green firms of personal care category", Strategic Direction, Vol. 35. No 12. https://doi.org/10.1108/SD-07-2019-0143
- Hinrich Voss, Matthew Davis, Mark Sumner, Louise Waite, Ilse A Ras, Divya Singhal and Deepti Jog(2019) International supply chains: compliance and engagement with the Modern Slavery Act, Journal of the British Academy, 7(s1), 61–76. DOI https://doi.org/10.5871/jba/007s1.061 Posted 18 June 2019
- Singhal Divya and Padhmanabhan (2018) Reducing Inequalities through Emphasis on Horticulture: A Successful case from Goa, India – Conference Proceedings- International Conference on Governance For Sustainable Development, Oct 2018
- Singhal Divya (2018) Combating Inequality for achieving Global Goals in India: Understanding SDG 10, its Linkages, Dimensions, Indicators and Measures, AT Business Management Review Academy of Taiwan Business Management Review Vol 14 (1) Pages 47-54
- Chou, Hsuan-Yi and Singhal Divya (2017), Nostalgia Advertising and Young Indian Consumers: The Power of Old Songs, Asia Pacific Management Review DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.apmrv.2016.11.004 Volume 22, Issue 3, September 2017, Pages 136-145
- Singhal Divya (2017). Understanding Student- Centered Learning and Philosophies of Teaching Practices, International Journal of Scientific Research and Management Vol 5 Issue 2 February DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.18535/ijsrm/v5i2.02
- Singhal, D. Women Empowerment through Social Initiatives: An Indian Story. DLSU Business & Economics Review, 35-44. (2014).
- Singhal, D., Education Entrepreneurship: Not so easy. Parts (A), (B), (C) and (D) Available at http://www.babson.edu/Academics/teaching-research/gvv/Pages/curriculum…. from 2015
Singhal Divya & Singhal K. R. (2015). Implementing ISO 9001:2008 QMS: A Reference Guide, Second Edition Revised Prentice Hall India ISBN – 978-81-203-4574-4
- Involved as Co-investigator with University of Leeds Professors on an International Project funded by the British Academy. The project was related to Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 8.7, which aims to end forced labour and modern slavery. The project has received grants from British Academy and DFID.
- The objective of the project was to develop insights into potential challenges `implementing the UK legislation in the global clothing supply chains, as well as gather examples of how Indian industry is engaging with it and understand potential issues around social challenges. Worked with selected Indian supply chain companies to get a better understanding of the supply chain and to explore what is the impact of UK retailers and brands on different tiers of the supply chain.
Worked in academic institutions & print media for about 8 years before joining GIM. Worked as Proctor for American Society for Quality (ASQ). Experience in conducting training session for Goa State Industrial Development Corporation (GSIDC), Goa Institute of Public Administration and Rural Development(GIPARD), National Productivity Council (NPC), Goa State Horticulture Corporation Ltd (GHCL), Kansas University, Warsaw University. Pro bono translation for Social Accountability International(SAI)