- FPM-C MICA, Ahmedabad
- MA (Communication and Journalism), Mumbai University
- BMM (Advertising), V.E.S College, Mumbai
- UGC-NET Qualified, July 2015 - Certificate No. 142028763
Doodling and Photoshop
Areas Of Expertise
- Communication – Interpersonal, Intercultural, Listening
- Media Theories
- Graphic Design
Profile & History
Karman is an Assistant Professor in the communication area at GIM. His career trajectory has traversed through media firms ranging from outdoor (Ronak Advertising) to print (Packt Publishing), and public relations (Adfactors) before joining academics. Winning a national level award for his animation film “The Need of New Drugs for Tuberculosis” by the CSIR-OSDD and Vigyan Prasar piqued his interest in storytelling. You will find him in class facilitating curiosity to find a seat amongst the students. With quirky topics and discussions around them, his learning outcome focus is to contribute to students’ communication skills development.
Courses taught: Business Communication, Creativity and Innovation
- Das, K., Khanna, K. & Ganguly, S. (2017), Understanding airline brand equity drivers: Lessons from a multiple case study, Journal of Air Transport Studies, 8(2), 70-93.
- Khanna, K. (2016). Thought for food: Using participatory theatre with Indian youth to curb food wastage. Journal of Content, Community & Communication, 3(2), 60-66.
- Bhatia, K., Chakravarty, D., & Khanna, K. (2018). The role of media in construction of reality: Politics of inclusion and exclusion. In R. Sharma (Ed.). Media, the state and marginalization: Tackling challenges. New Castle, UK: Cambridge Scholars Publishing.
- Chakravarty, D., Gaur, S. P., & Khanna, K. (2016). Social Media: Past, present and future. In R. Ajwani, & U. K. Rai (Eds.), Media: Past, present and future (pp. 13-34). 13-34, Delhi: Shree Natraj Publications.
- Khanna, K. (2017). Recognizing object love: Struggle of the objectum-sexual community. International Conference on Culture and History, Barcelona, 22-24 August, 2017.
- Khanna, K. (2016). The Discipline of Marketing? National Conference on Strengthening Values and Ethics for Sustainable Growth: Role of Indian Philosophical Traditions, Management Development Institute, Gurgaon, 22-23 September, 2016.
- Khanna, K. (2016). Comedy consumption by youth on new media: Attitude towards online comic content. National Conference on New Media: Issues, Challenges and Prospects. Department of Mass Communication, Nagpur, 25-26 February, 2016.
- Adfactors PR, Lower Parel - Research Intern; worked on an annual report for the pharmaceutical sector. The profile involved analysis of content and coding the same into categories for quantitative analysis.
- Packt Publishing, Andheri - Marketing Research Executive; responsible for online PR activies of the books published by Packt. The profile involved researching and approaching potential reviewers for the books and generate traffic to Packt website.
- Ronak Media Services, New Bombay - Media Planning and Buying Executive; responsible for selling media spaces and design ads on Photoshop for clients.