PhD, Organizational Behaviour
Muneeb Ul Lateef Banday
and Writing Poetry
Areas of Expertise
Critical management studies; Power, discourse and subjectivity; Global production networks; Neoliberalism
Muneeb Ul Lateef Banday
Profile & History
Muneeb Ul Lateef Banday has done his doctoral degree from Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad in Organizational Behaviour Area. Prior to PhD, Muneeb worked in Wipro Limited for 2 years. His research interests lie in the areas of critical management studies, interrelationships among power, discourse and subjectivity, global production networks, and business ethics. His research projects include employment relations in the Indian IT industry, child labour in Bt cottonseed industry and change management in family managed businesses. He has published in reputed management journals and conferences.
- D’Cruz, P., Noronha, E., Banday, M. U. L., & Chakraborty, S (2021). Place matters: (Dis)embeddedness and child labourers’ experiences of depersonalized bullying in Indian Bt cottonseed global production networks. Journal of Business Ethics.
- Noronha, E., D’Cruz, P., & Banday, M. U. L. (2020). Navigating embeddedness: Experiences of Indian IT suppliers and employees in the Netherlands. Journal of Business Ethics, 164(1), 95-113.
- Noronha, E., D’Cruz, P., Chakraborty, S & Banday, M. U. L. (Forthcoming). Drawing one’s lifeworld: A methodological technique for researching bullied child workers. In E. Bell, S. Singh & T. Butcher (Eds.). Empowering Methods in Organizational and Social Research. Routledge, India.
- Banday, M. U. L., Chakraborty, S., D’Cruz, P., & Noronha, E. (2018). Abuse faced by child labourers: Novel territory in workplace bullying. In P. D’Cruz, E. Noronha, A. Mendonca & N. Mishra (Eds.). Indian Perspectives on Workplace Bullying: A Decade of Insights. (pp. 173-204). Springer, Singapore.
Peer-Reviewed Conference Papers/Presentations:
- Banday, M. U. L., Noronha, E., & D’Cruz, P. (2020). Being ‘young’: Learning and slogging practices among Indian IT sector workers. 38th International Labour Process Conference (ILPC), Newcastle. (Paper selected. Conference postponed due to Covid-19. To be held in April, 2021).
- Banday, M. U. L., Noronha, E., Chakraborty, S., & D’Cruz, P. (2019). At the far ends of global production networks (GPNs): Child labour in hybrid cottonseed production in western India. 37th International Labour Process Conference (ILPC), Vienna.
- Banday, M. U. L., Noronha, E., Chakraborty, S., & D’Cruz, P. (2019 – Accepted - Withdrawn). Towards an embedded and dialectic approach to labour agency: The case of hybrid cottonseed farming industry in Western India. 37th International Labour Process Conference (ILPC), Vienna.
- Noronha, E., D’Cruz, P., Banday, M. U. L., & Chakraborty, S. (2019). Abuse of child workers in Bt cottonseed global production networks: A study from India. Modern Slavery Symposium, Crawley, Australia.
- Noronha, E., Banday, M. U. L., Chakraborty, S., & D’Cruz, P. (2018). Children’s portrayal of employers’ power on BT cottonseed farms in India. 36th Annual International Visual Sociology Association (IVSA) Conference, Evry, France.
2 years of industry experience in the IT sector