Phd (IIT Kharagpur), MBA, BE (Mechanical)
R Rathish Bhatt
Areas of Expertise
Strategic Management, Corporate Governance and Ethics and Sustainability
R Rathish Bhatt
Profile & History
Dr R Rathish Bhatt is a faculty member in the area of Corporate Strategy and Big Data Analytics at Goa Institute of Management. Prior to joining GIM, he did his PhD in Management from Vinod Gupta School of Management, IIT Kharagpur. He comes with an experience of handling varied portfolios in a private bank in India.
His current research interests lies in the core areas of Corporate Governance, Competitive Strategy, Sustainability and Business Ethics. He has been a part of the founding team of the BDA programme. He is also a core committee member of the newly launched PhD programme.
- Strategic Management
- Business Ethics
- Corporate Governance
- International Business
- Strategy Implementation
- The Science of Happiness
- Capsim Capstone Simulation
- Management Games and Simulations (Harvard business publishing)
- Bhatt, R. R. and Bhattacharya S. (2017),“Family Firms, Board Structure and Firm Performance: Evidence from top Indian Firms”, International Journal of Law and Management, 59(5), pp.699- 717.
- Bhatt, P.R. and Bhatt, R.R. (2017), “Corporate governance and firm performance in Malaysia”, Corporate Governance: The International Journal of Business in Society, 17(5), pp.896-912.
- Bhatt, P.R. and Bhatt, R.R. (2017), “Managing Change at Muhibbah Engineering (M) Bhd”,South Asian Journal of Business and Management Cases, 6(1), pp.12-25.
- Bhatt, R. R. and Bhattacharya S.(2015), “Board Structure and Firm Performance in Indian IT Firms”, Journal of Advances in Management Research, 12(3), pp.232-248.
- Bhatt, R. R. and Bhattacharya S. (2015), “Do Board Characteristics Impact Firm Performance? An Agency and Resource Dependency Theory Perspective”, Asia-Pacific Journal of Management Research and Innovation, 11(4), pp.1-14.
- Bhatt, R. R., “Effectiveness of Organizational Leadership: Interplay of board characteristics and firm performance”, presented at International Interdisciplinary Conference: Failed Leadership, held at SWPS University, University of Warsaw, Collegium Civitas, Institute of Political Studies PAN, Polish Political Science Association, held at SWPS University, Warsaw, Poland, June 21-22, 2019.
- Bhatt, R. R., Bhattacharya S., “Family Firms, Board Structure and Firm Performance: Evidence from top Indian Firms”, presented at the Strategic Management Forum XIX Annual Convention, held at Indian Institute of Management Lucknow, Noida Campus, Dec 15-17, 2016.
- Bhatt, R. R., De, S. K. and Bhattacharya S., “Does Board Characteristics Improve Firm Performance? Evidence from Indian IT Sector”, presented at the Workshop on Corporate Governance Practices in India: Retrospect and Prospects, held at Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs (IICA), Gurugram, Feb 14-15, 2014. (Received Best Paper Award).
- Bhatt, R. R., De, S. K. and Bhattacharya S., “Corporate Governance, Capital Structure and Firm Performance: Evidence from top listed firms in India”, presented at the Management Doctoral Colloquium and VGSOM Research Scholars Day, held at VGSOM, IIT Kharagpur, Feb 11-12, 2015.
- Bhatt, R. R., De, S. K. and Bhattacharya S., “Board Characteristics and Firm Performance in IT Sector in India”, presented at IMR Doctoral Conference, held at IIM Bangalore, Dec 13-14, 2013.
- Bhatt, R. R., De, S. K. and Bhattacharya S., “An Investigation into Corporate Governance in India”, presented at 6th IIMA Doctoral Colloquium, held at IIM Ahmedabad, Jan 7-9, 2013.
Dr Bhatt has over 13 years of experience in Industry and academia