Shiv Nath Sinha
Areas of Expertise
Corporate Law, Corporate Governance, Corporate Social Responsibility
Shiv Nath Sinha
Profile & History
Dr. Shiv Nath Sinha is an Associate Professor in the area of General Management at GIM. Prior to GIM, he worked as an Associate Professor at IMT Nagpur from March, 2010 to January 2020. Since 2010, he has taught Business and Corporate Laws, International Trade Laws, Corporate Governance, Corporate Social Responsibility and Mergers and Acquisitions at IMT Nagpur, IMT Dubai, IIM Indore and IIM Sambalpur. He has also delivered lectures at National Academy of Direct Taxes (NADT) and Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI). He has delivered executive training workshops focused on CSR and Sustainability for Indian companies like Asian Paints Ltd., MOIL Ltd. and Bajaj Steel Ltd. His research focuses in the area of Corporate Law, Corporate Governance, Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability. He is an Associate Member of Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI). He completed a Diploma in Social Responsibility and Sustainability from University of Toronto (UoT) and a Diploma in Corporate Governance from ICSI, New Delhi. He is a ‘certified trainer in CSR’ from Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs (IICA), Ministry of Corporate Affairs and also a ‘Certified CSR Professional’ from ICSI.
Courses taught: Business and Corporate Law, International Trade Law, Corporate Governance, Corporate Social Responsibility, Mergers & Acquisitions
Also Teaches: IIM Indore, IIM Sambalpur, IMT Dubai, IMT Nagpur
- Jagannath, M., Sinha, S.N. (2020), " Theoretical Foundations for Excellence in Secretarial Leadership ", Chartered Secretary, Chartered Secretary, Vol.: 50, No. 02, pp. 45-49
- Sinha, S.N. (2020), "A Comparative Study of Corporate Governance Norms across different Countries", Chartered Secretary, Vol.: 50, No. 01, pp. 72-80
- Sinha, S.N. (2019), "CSR and Sustainability Regulation: A new Paradigm", Chartered Secretary, Vol.: 49, No. 05, pp. 43-47
- Sinha, S.N. (2019)," "A Study of Woman Directors on the Board of Indian Companies", Chartered Secretary, Vol.: 49, No. 03, pp. 31-36
- Sinha, S.N. and Chaudhari, T. (2018) "Impact of CSR on learning outcomes", Management of Environmental Quality, Volume 29 No. 6, pp. 1026-1041 https://www.emerald.com/insight/content/doi/10.1108/MEQ-02-2018-0039/fu…
- Mohanty, J. and Sinha, S. (2017), "CSR in village school: challenge after success", Emerald Emerging Markets Case Studies, Vol. 7 No. 3. https://www.emerald.com/insight/content/doi/10.1108/EEMCS-08-2016-0164/…
- Sinha, S.N (2017), A Critical Analysis of the Provisions of Corporate Social Responsibility, The IUP Journal of Corporate Governance, Vol. XVI, No. 3, July 2017, pp. 7-25. Available at SSRN:https://ssrn.com/abstract=3215136
- Sinha, S.N., Chaudhari, T. (2017), "Multi-stakeholder CSR approach of ITC Limited: Impact on Rural Living & Community Development," Journal of Management and Research, Vol. 7, No. 1, January-June, 2017, ISSN No: 2231-1904
- Sinha, S.N. (2016)," A Study of the separation of the position of Chairman and CEO and its impact on Corporate Governance, Chartered Secretary, Vol. : 46, No. 09, pp. 95-100
- Sinha, S.N. (2014)," Composition of Board of Indian Companies and its effect on Corporate Governance, Chartered Secretary, Vol. : XLIV, No. 04, pp.
- Mohanty, J., Sinha, S.N. and Moonka, V. (2013)," Sustainability and CSR as Business Strategy at Infosys, IMTCJ: Case Journal.
- Associate Professor, Goa Institute of Management (GIM), Goa (February, 2020 – Present)
- Associate Professor, Institute of Management Technology (IMT) Nagpur (March 2010-January 31, 2020)
- Company Secretary, GMR Energy Trading Limited, Bangalore (From January 2008 to March, 2010)
- Company Secretary, Telephoto Entertainments Limited, Chennai, a BSE listed Company (2006-2007)
- Company Secretary, Phoenix Industries Limited, Noida (2004-2006)