MBA, MPhil, FDP (IIM-A), Ph.D.,
Exploring Rhythms through group facilitation
MBA, MPhil, FDP (IIM-A), Ph.D.,
Areas of Expertise
Organizational Behavior and Human Resources Management
Profile & History
His teaching and research interests are in the area of individual & group dynamics, and organization development. His curiosity is in observing group processes as a phenomena and its impact on the group and organizational performance. He is an organizational story gatherer and writes case studies that explore the processes at the self, interpersonal and system levels. Some of the cases authored by him have been published in Asian Business Case Center, GVV – Babsons college, and Ivey Case publishing etc.,
- Individual Dynamics (OB-I – core)
- Interpersonal and Group Behavior (OB-II -core)
- Organizational Structure and Design (core)
- Human Resources Management
- Organizational Development (elective)
- Competency Mapping (elective)
- Conflict Management (elective)
- Power & Politics (elective)
Research and Publications
- DR. Padhmanabhan, 2019, An Action Research Case Study on Water Awareness Program in The Rural Schools in Goa Journal of Contemporary Research in Management, 14 (1).
- Dr Padhmanabhan & Dr. Latha, 2017, Relationship between Workgroup Characteristics and Effectiveness A study on Women Self-Help Groups, IUP Journal of Organizational Behavior, 16(2), 17.
- Dr Padhmanabhan & Dr. Divya Singhal, 2017, Relevance of Oral Comprehensive Exams in B-School Environment International Journal of Innovative Studies and Advanced Research, 4(3).
- Dr Padhmanabhan & Dr. Latha, 2017, An empirical study to identify Workgroup Characteristics with special reference to Women Self-Help Groups, Vimarsh – A Journal of Management, 7(2), 10-21.
- Dr. Padhmanabhan, 2015, Creating Ethical Climate through Culture and Ethical Leadership, International Journal of Business and Management Invention, 4(6), 62-65.
- Dr. Padhmanabhan, 2015, Understanding Online Knowledge Sharing Communities: A Qualitative Research Approach through a Group Leader's Experience, International Journal of Management and Social Science Research, 4(6), 71-76.
- Dr. Padhmanabhan & Dr. Latha, V., 2015, The Self-Help Group's Workgroup Characteristics and Its Relations with the Group's Effectiveness - A Conceptual Study, Research Journal of Commerce & Behavioural Science, 3(8), 14-18.
- Dr. Padhmanabhan, 2014, A Study on the Relationship between Workgroup Process and Group Members’ Satisfaction with Reference to Women Self-Help Group, IUP Journal of Corporate Governance, 65-81.
- Dr. Padhmanabhan, 2010, An analysis of selected causal factors influence on the purchase decision of consumers toward the private label, PACE- The Journal of Business and Management
- Dr. Divya Singha & Dr Padhmanabhan, 2008, A Study on Customer Perception towards Internet Banking: Identifying Major Contributing Factors. Journal of Nepalese Business Studies,5(1), 101-111
- Dr Padhmanabhan ,2019,A case of Impulsiveness, Prerana - Journal of Management Thought and Practice,11(1)
- Dr Padhmanabhan ,2018, Can we build a Positive Workplace?, Prerana, Journal of Management Thought and Practice.
- Dr Padhmanabhan ,2017, The Leadership Change at the Casino Blue Bell, Jaipuria Journal of International Management.
- Dr Padhmanabhan,2017, A Case Study on the Intervention for Change: The GSHCL’s Initiative, Prerana.
- Dr Padhmanabhan, 2017, Are trainees a Soft Target – Harassment at Workplace Global Research Academy – Multi Disciplinary Journal
- Dr Padhmanabhan ,2017, The Style and Role incompatibility – A Leadership Challenge.International Journal of Global Business Management and Research.
- Dr Padhmanabhan ,& Dr. Divya Singhal, 2017, Innovation in Management: Challenges and the Road Ahead International Journal of Management Research and Business Strategy
- Dr Padhmanabhan, 2017, Confrontation or Compromise International Journal of Management and Social Science Research Review
- Prof. Rakesh Shrivastava and Dr Padhmanabhan, 2016, Whose Money is this Anyway?, International Journal of Management and Social Sciences Research, 5(1), 52-57
- Dr Padhmanabhan, 2015, Perception Management – The “X” factor for performance appraisal, International Journal of Management Research and Strategy, 5(2).
- Dr Padhmanabhan , 2015, Will they Resolve Their Differences - A conflict Story. International Journal of Scientific Research and Management 3(6), 3178-3179
- Dr Padhmanabhan, 2014, A Case Study on Unethical Team Leadership, International Journal of Scientific Research and Management, 2(5), 833-835.
- Dr Padhmanabhan, 2014, A Neutral Line to the State Electricity Board (A). GVV Case study collection, Babson College.
- Dr Padhmanabhan, 2014, A Neutral Line to the State Electricity Board (B). GVV Case study collection, Babson College.
- Dr. Divya Singhal & Dr Padhmanabhan, 2008, ISO 9001: 2000 QMS as Supply Chain Tool for Small and Medium Enterprises, Macmillan India
- Transcendence, 2019 - 3rd International Conference on Organizational Development, TISS –Mumbai.
- 2018- International Conference on Governance for Sustainable Development, Srilanka .
- 2016 - State Level Seminar on the National Statistic Day, Goa.
MDPS & Consultancies –
- He has done consultancies for public and private sector organizations in the areas of diagnosing Organizational structure and design, vision and mission, structuring selection methods, competency mapping and role analysis for public sector organizations. Some of the notable clients were Konkan Railways, New Mangalore Port Trust etc.,
- He has conducted MDPs for Naval War College, National Productivity Council, Konkan Railways, Goa Institute of Public Administration and Rural Development, Goa Shipyard Ltd and Mid-level managers from Pharma and Administrative heads at various Government engineering colleges etc.