Goa Institute of Management has received joint accreditation from AMBA & BGA
Goa Institute of Management has officially received joint accreditation from the Association of MBAs (AMBA) and the Business Graduates Association (BGA), two of the world’s leading authorities on business education.
Goa Institute of Management is a private, independent, non-profit institution based in India. AMBA accredits the PGDM part time, the PGDM full time, the BGDM BDA (Big Data Analytics), the PGDM BIFS (Banking, Insurance and Financial sector) and the PGDM HCM (Healthcare Management) at the school. BGA accreditation recognises the whole school.
As part of the joint AMBA & BGA accreditation, a panel of assessors comprised of senior business school leaders from across the globe evaluated the school. The panel commended the school and its staff for having a very strong, clear and passionate commitment to responsible management which permeated the majority of its activities, and was further evidenced by international partnerships and awards.
The panel also mentioned the Give Goa initiative which is a course aiming to sensitise students to the health needs of the community and to make them aware of the social responsibility needed towards the underprivileged and marginalised communities.
Finally, the panel mentioned the school infrastructure which they thought was conducive to a high quality, supportive, and safe learning environment.
Upon receiving AMBA accreditation, all current and recent graduates of the school’s MBA and MBM portfolio are invited to join AMBA’s global membership network of approximately 60,000 students and alumni in more than 150 countries.
Meanwhile, all undergraduates and alumni from any of the business school’s programmes are invited to join BGA’s individual membership network. Through both these organisations, students and graduates can strengthen a community that acts as a force for good in management thought and practice, through exclusive events and business content.
AMBA & BGA accreditation is international in scope and reach, and the organisation works with senior academics at top educational institutions around the world, to update accreditation criteria continuously and maintain one unique, in-depth and detailed approach.
AMBA & BGA believes accredited schools should be of the highest standard and reflect changing trends and innovation in post-graduate management education. As such, the accreditation process reflects this commitment to fostering innovation and challenges business schools to perform at the highest level continuously.
Andrew Main Wilson, Chief Executive of AMBA & BGA, said: ‘I would like to congratulate everyone at the Goa Institute of Management who worked towards this double accreditation. Being AMBA accredited shows the quality of the schools MBA and MBM programmes, while BGA indicates the schools commitment to social responsibility. I look forward to working with this school as it joins our network of the top 2% of business schools globally.’
Dr. Ajit Parulekar, Director of Goa Institute of Management, said ‘I am very pleased to see GIM setting new benchmarks in management education with emphasis on responsible management and in the comprehensive development of students. With our commitment to create research based knowledge, and making leaders through world class programmes, we are happy to have received these robust and independent reaffirmation of our commitment to management education.’
For more information or interviews, please contact:
• Ellen Buchan, Insight, Content & PR Manager, AMBA & BGA –
• Akshay Kadam, Sr. Manager, Outreach, Goa Institute of Management
About Goa Institute of Management
Goa Institute of Management (GIM) is a premier business school in Sanquelim, Goa, dedicated to transforming and improving management education. Founded in 1993, GIM was named one of the world's top four pioneering B-Schools in the Positive Impact Rating 2021. GIM was also titled ‘Sustainability Institute of the Year – Highly Commended’ at International Green Gown Awards 2022. The institute currently offers 2 year full-time and online PGDM programs. According to NIRF rankings (Govt. of India), it was recently ranked 36th among India's top B-Schools.
Find a list of all AMBA accredited schools here.
About AMBA & BGA
Spearheading excellence and trailblazing innovation, for more than 50 years the Association of MBAs (AMBA) has been the impartial authority on post-graduate management education. AMBA established that vision in 1967 and, in a volatile, uncertain world, it's as relevant today as it was then. We are committed to raising the profile and quality standards of business education internationally, for the benefit of Business Schools, students and alumni, employers, communities and society.
• Our accreditation service is the global standard for all MBA, DBA and master’s degrees, currently accrediting programmes from the top 2% of Business Schools in more than 75 countries.
• Our Research and Insight Centre produces a rich body of reports exploring global trends in the business education sector. This drives our global thought leadership and public affairs campaigns.
• We are the only professional membership association that connects MBA students and graduates, accredited Business Schools and MBA employers throughout the world.
• Through our members, AMBA is building an international force for good, championing best practice, responsible management and sustainability. Membership to AMBA means being part of an international community of peers with access to business strategy thought leadership, career advice and knowledge, and an MBA jobs portal.
• Our multi-award-winning events offer networking opportunities online and in person across all continents in association with international corporate partners and thought leaders exclusively for our members and accredited Business Schools.
The Business Graduates Association (BGA) is an international membership and accreditation body of world-leading and high-potential Business Schools that share a commitment for responsible management practices and lifelong learning, and that are looking to provide a positive impact on their students, communities and the economy as a whole. We offer:
• Quality assurance services to Business Schools and similar institutions, aimed at continuous improvement and positive impact to increase a Business School’s credibility and influence.
• Consultation and mentorship services to Business Schools to improve their marketing and admissions, programme design, alumni interaction, teaching methods, and career development services.
• Award-winning international events for Business School professionals, focused on continuous learning.
• Student and graduate membership, which includes social networking events worldwide, professional development tools, a Career Development Centre, and much more.
• Leading and award-winning content on responsible management, professional and personal growth, and influence via the Business Impact content hub.