- FCMA, CPA, MBA, Ph.D. (Finance)
Areas of Expertise
Financial Reporting, Accounting Standards, Valuation, Tax Laws
Profile & History
Dr. Abhishek Ranga is working with the Institute as an Associate Professor in the finance and accounting area. He is a management graduate and holds a doctorate in finance. He is a qualified accountant with CPA designation from CPA Australia and CMA designation from The Institute of Cost Accountants of India (earlier ICWAI). Dr. Abhishek is a fellow member of The Institute of Cost Accountants of India, a member of CPA Australia, and a member of The Institute of Internal Auditors, USA.
Dr. Abhishek started his career as a Management Trainee with Panacea Biotec Ltd. After spending around four years in the Pharmaceutical Industry, he moved to academics. He joined GIM in the year 2011, before which he was with the Kirloskar Institute of Advanced Management Studies, Harihar. He has around fifteen years of teaching experience at the postgraduate level; during these years, he had gained academic administration experience in the capacity of area chair, program chair, accreditation team co-chair etc.
His area of research and teaching includes Financial Reporting, Cost Accounting, Management Accounting, Accounting Standards (Ind AS and IFRS), Corporate Taxation, and Firm Valuation. He has also conducted training programs for the executives of Cipla, Sesa Goa, Dutch Committee for Afghanistan, Kirloskar Group, Kalpatru Power Transmission Limited etc.
Dr. Abhishek is the chair of the PGDM (Banking Insurance and Financial Service) program and the member of the Assurance of Learning (AOL) implementation team.
- Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Corporate Taxation
- Financial Accounting for Management
- Cost and Management Accounting
- Financial Communication
Also teaches at:
- The Institute of Cost Accountants of India
- Brand Impairment Testing and Compliance with Mandatory Ind AS Disclosures, WIRC Bulletin, Publication of WIRC The Institute of Cost Accountants of India
- Goodwill Impairment Testing Disclosures under Ind-AS, WIRC Bulletin, Publication of WIRC The Institute of Cost Accountants of India
- A Note on Prior Period Income, WIRC Bulletin, Publication of WIRC The Institute of Cost Accountants of India
- Goa Institute of Management
- Kirloskar Institute of Advanced Management Studies (Harihar and Pune)
- S K Patel Institute of Management and Computer Studies, (Gandhinagar)
- Panacea Biotec Ltd.