Ph.D., M.Phil., M.Sc.
Areas of Expertise
Profile & History
- Prior to joining Goa Institute of Management, Goa, Dr. Joy Chowdhury had worked with IBS, Chennai as a Faculty Member in the area of Economics. He also taught at NMIMS as an Assistant Professor in the area of Economics. He has also worked with ISB, Hyderabad, IIM A and Jadavpur University
- Courses taught: Managerial Economics, Macroeconomics, Business Environment, Forecasting, Game Theory
- Others: Taught at IMT Nagpur as Visiting Faculty
- Chowdhury, J., Forecasting Foreign Direct Investment in India. Abstract published in the proceedings of the international conference on ‘Financial Risk Management Innovative Tools and Techniques. Chennai: IBS. (2008).
- Gupta, K., Chowdhury, J., & Khaddaria, R., Aquaculture vs. Wild Shrimp Fisheries: A Bio-Economic Analysis for West Bengal and Orissa. In P. Kumar & B. Reddy (Eds.), Ecology and Human Well-Being (p. 408). India: Sage Publication. (2007).
- Chowdhury, J. & Others, Estimating and Analysing Demand for Multiplexes. In R. Jain, P. Gupta, & U. Dhar (Eds.), Enhancing Enterprise Competitiveness -Strategy, Operations and Finance. India: Allied Publishing. (2007). (Conference Proceedings)
- Chowdhury, J., Mahawar, A., & Laha, A., Estimating Export Demand: An Empirical Analysis (DVD) Presentation. In Proceedings of the Fourth IIMA International Conference on Advanced Data Analysis, Business Analytics and Intelligence. Ahmedabad: IIM. ISBN: 978-81-909529-34. (2015).
- Chowdhury, J. & Others, Environmental Services and the Associated Economic Activities of the Shrimp -Mangrove System in the Indian coastal Zone of the Bay of Bengal with Emphasis on the Sunderbans in West Bengal. GCP – JU- SHARP. (2004).
- Chowdhury, J., Mangrove - Fishery Linkages: A Brief Review of Existing Literature. Global Change Programme, Jadavpur University Working Paper. (2004).
2008 – 2010 Worked as a faculty in the area of Economics at IBS.
2006 -2007 Worked as an Assistant Professor in the area of Economics at NMIMS, Mumbai.
2005 – 2006 Worked as an Academic Associate at ISB, Hyderabad.
2005 Worked as a Research Associate at IIM A in the area of Production and Quantitative Methods.
2003 – 2005 Worked as a Researcher in an Indo – Canadian Project funded by Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA) at Jadavpur University, West Bengal.