- Post-Doctoral Research Fellow (Marketing)
- Ph. D (Marketing)
Areas of Expertise
Subsistence Marketplace, Critical Marketing, Luxury Brand Marketing, Digital Marketing, Information and Communication Technology for Development (ICT4D), and Consumer Psychology.
Profile and History
Dr Yukti Sharma is an Assistant Professor in the area of marketing at Goa Institute of Management. She completed her Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship in Marketing from Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (IIM C). She did her doctoral studies in ‘Marketing at subsistence marketplace' from the Department of Management Studies, Jamia Hamdard (Institute of Eminence). Her research interest lies at the nexus of Marketing, Developmental research and Information systems. Her recent research works have been published in Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services (ABDC- A), Journal of Marketing Theory and Practice (ABDC- B), and Health Marketing Quarterly (ABDC- B).
Prior to joining GIM, she has taught at S.P. Jain Institute of Management Research (SPJIMR), Management Development Institute (MDI), and University of Delhi. Her teaching interests center around Consumer Behaviour, Retailing, Advertising Management, Marketing Research, Product and Brand Management and Experimental Research Method.
Product and Brand Management, Retailing, Advertising Management, Experimental Research Method
Also teaches/ taught at:
S.P. Jain Institute of Management Research (SPJIMR), MDI Murshidabad, and University of Delhi
- Sanyal, S.N., Mazumder, R., Singh, R. and Sharma, Y. (2021). Uncertainty and affluent teenagers' luxury buying-decision: The role of avoidance-related indecisiveness. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services. 58 (ABDC: A). doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jretconser.2020.102305
- Singh, R., Sharma Y. and Kumar, J. (2020). A road less traveled in nostalgia marketing: Impact of spiritual wellbeing on effects of nostalgic advertisements. Journal of Marketing Theory and Practice (ABDC: B). doi: https://doi.org/10.1080/10696679.2020.1836975
- Jaikumar, S. and Sharma, Y. (2020). Consuming beyond means: Debt trap of conspicuous consumption in an emerging economy. Journal of Marketing Theory and Practice. (ABDC: B). doi: https://doi.org/10.1080/10696679.2020.1816476
- Jaikumar, S., Sharma, Y. and Silal, P. (2021-Forthcoming). Impact of education on health-beliefs in an emerging economy: Understanding the role of urbanisation and social capital. Health Marketing Quarterly, 38 (4). (ABDC: B)
- Sharma, Y., Nasreen, R. and Kumar, A. (2019). Role of social network in defining the impact of marketing - mix on satisfaction from food items at subsistence marketplace. Indian Journal of Marketing, 49 (2), p.7. doi: 10.17010/ijom/2019/v49/i2/141579 (ABDC: C)
- Sharma, Y. and Nasreen, R. (2015). Public private partnership in Delhi Tourism - a case study of Delhi Tourism and Transport Development Corporation (DTTDC). Emerald Emerging Markets Case Studies, 5(4), pp.1-19. doi: https://doi.org/10.1108/EEMCS-01-2014-0015 (Indexation: Scopus)
- Assistant Professor (Marketing), MDI Murshidabad.
- Assistant Professor, University of Delhi.