Ranbir Singh Sodhi
Areas of Expertise
Marketing & Entrepreneurship
Ranbir Singh Sodhi
Profile & History
Ranbir Singh Sodhi has a good blended experience of having worked in the industry and the academics. The fifteen years in the industry were spent in sales and marketing profiles across the breadth and length of the country. The roles saw launch of brands, growth in revenues and market shares and turnaround of brands.
The action involved products and services in automobiles, telecom hardware, mobile services and insurance. The experience was gained by working with great organizations like Siemens, Tata Motors, Birla Sunlife Insurance and Vodafone. The roles included managing sales, managing marketing, category product management and brand management.
After shifting to academics, it’s this rich experience that adds additional value to class discussions. In academics the interest is in two broad areas of Marketing and entrepreneurship. He has been actively involved with the Centre for Entrepreneurship Development and launched the electives on Business Model Generation and Writing Business Plans at GIM.
Ranbir has held the following administrative roles at Goa Institute of Management. He has been the area chair of Marketing area, involved in the curriculum review committee, Chair of the Centre for Entrepreneurship Development and a few other committees.
- Marketing: Marketing Management, Services Marketing, IMC, CRM
- Entrepreneurship: Entrepreneurship, Business Model Generation for entrepreneurs/ Start-ups, Business Plan
- Sodhi, Ranbir Singh, & Bapat, Dhananjay. An empirical study of the dimensions of entrepreneurial marketing in Academy of Marketing Studies Journal, 24(1)
- Case – Growth dilemma of Ashok at USASBE Conference, Jan 23-27, 2019, Florida, USA
- Sodhi, R., Sahay, V., & Prashar, S. Micromax: Preparing for the Chinese invasion. In V. Sahay & P. Sharma (Eds.), Handbook of Indian cases (pp. 1-18). (2016).
15 years in Industry
11 + years in academics (with GIM since June,2009)