GIM's SDG Dashboard
At GIM, we believe that our responsibility as a management institution isn’t restricted by the boundaries of a classroom. Through our various Centres of Excellence, we try our best to contribute to our community from multiple angles.
- Center of Excellence in Research (CER)
- Center for social sensitivity and action (CSSA)
- Center for Creativity, Innovation and Design Thinking (CCIDT)
- Center for Entrepreneurship Development (EDC)
- Center for Teaching Excellence (TE@GIM)
- Center for Excellence in Sustainable Development (CESD)
- Center for Public Policy (CPP)
Center of Excellence in Research (CER)
GIM's philosophy states that the focus of research at GIM is “To enhance knowledge through research in the fields of management, social, economic, industrial, rural, scientific and to disseminate such knowledge with a view to contributing to the orderly growth, development and the quality of life of the people of Goa and of the country as a whole”.
Some of our recent publications.
Impact of Covid-19 on Indian fashion supply chains
Prof. Divya Singhal in collaboration with a faculty team at University of Leeds, U.K.
Helping when it matters: optimal time for supporting women’s self‐employment in India
By Prof. Kiran K & his co-researchers
Revisiting the role of tourism and globalization in environmental degradation in China: Fresh insights from the quantile ARDL approach
By Prof. Avik Sinha & his co-researchers
Center for Social Sensitivity and Action (CSSA)
The Centre for Social Sensitivity (CSSA) has been created to promote social responsibility within and beyond Goa Institute of Management to achieve the goals of Agenda 2030. CSSA was established in 2013 and acts as a bridge between Goa Institute of Management (GIM) and the society.
Objectives of CSSA
- To incorporate values of equity, inclusivity, and sustainability in all its activities
- To promote and prioritize responsible management education
- To prepare future leaders to respond to complex sustainability challenges faced by business and society
Write to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
VIRTUAL DOCTORAL COLLOQUIUM 18-19 November 2021 (Click here to know more)
Chairperson: Prof Divya Singhal
Member: Dr. Sreerupa Sengupta
Member: Dr. Anup Kumar Maurya
Give Goa Chairperson: Prof Vithal S. Sukhathankar
Staff Member: Ms. Kay Karen Gomes
Center for Creativity, Innovation and Design Thinking (CCIDT)
Creativity, Innovation and Imagination are a critical skills needed by the manager of tomorrow. We have to "imagine" the future- products, services, and the universe we as a race will need. Design Thinking has fast become a powerful tool to approach new ideas in a disciplined manner. It uses a human centered approach to find sustainable solutions to existing problems. The Centre works at multiple levels to provide students with ample opportunities to "practice" these skills with the use of workshops, contests and opportunities to help students “see” solutions when none seem to exist and harnesses metaphors to see new product/service designs possibilities.
- Develops students' multiple skills, based on Howard Gardner's multiple intelligences
- Provides rich opportunities to train and expand the intelligence for better insights into problem-solving.
- Is headed by a Centre Chairperson & 12 member student team to ensure that consistent discipline and proof of learning is maintained throughout.
- Carries out activities like theatre, dance, short film making, photography, art and music, open mic, and stand-up comedy.
Center for Entrepreneurship Development (EDC)
EDC has been established with the aim to foster the spirit of entrepreneurship among students and community. Centre will:
- Provide students with opportunities to learn about entrepreneurship and the entrepreneurial process
- Develop entrepreneurial attitudes & capabilities
- Thereby contribute to the local (and national) community
- Help others interested in setting up ventures, (b) Help existing entrepreneurs to grow & manage their businesses better
- Help family businesses, Mentor and incubate start-ups
- Help in turning around existing organizations
The Centre would also undertake research on entrepreneurship in India & develop case studies. Centre would not focus on:
- Self-employment or lifestyle entrepreneurs
- Skill based training/ entrepreneurship.
Center for Teaching Excellence
Center for Teaching Excellence at GIM (TE@GIM) promotes learning-centric pedagogical practices and innovations. Round the year, the center conducts several activities and events (e.g. Internal TEF, webinars, FDP), focused on pedagogy, EdTech, assessment, mentoring, and innovation in teaching and learning. Services and initiatives of TE@GIM are calibrated in collaboration different programs and centers at GIM to support respective's objectives. In addition, TE@GIM also offers hand holding and one to one personal counselling for faculty members on teaching effectiveness.
Vision: To be a leading center in the country for deliberation and dissemination of pedagogical innovations and best practices.
Center for Excellence in Sustainable Development
GIM has always been conscious about the impact of its decisions on the ecosystem around it and has continuously strived to reduce its carbon footprints. Along with measures like rainwater harvesting, harnessing solar-power, tree plantation drives, treatment of water for reuse, and many more, the institute has expressed its commitment to this philosophy also through its mission statement which allies about sustainable business and an inclusive society for India and the world.
The center started working with three core objectives in mind
- Knowledge creation:
to develop model institute for green campus in India and transform GIM community into a more sustainable community. At the same time, use these processes for action research in the field of sustainable development
- Knowledge Dissemination:
To increase awareness about green living and sustainable development in the community around us and carry out activities to try to reduce the carbon footprint of the state of Goa and see India as a whole
- Knowledge Application:
To develop a resource center for sustainable development at GIM for imparting training.
The Centre has a newsletter titled "Sustainability Horizon" which aims at addressing the changing dynamism in the field of environmental sustainability.
Sustainability Horizon Vol. 1 Issue 1
Sustainability Horizon Vol. 1 Issue 2
Center for Public Policy (CPP)
At GIM, we acknowledge that as the largest democracy in the world, India faces a unique challenge when it comes to policy research and formulation as it needs to satisfy a diverse populace.
The government, at the helm of a socialist, progressive nation, aims to secure justice, liberty, equality to all citizens, needs to ensure, at all times, that basic public amenities and facilities are in order. Public policy also includes a keen understanding of business activity and the formulation of laws that enable trade across the nation.
These dimensions form an integral part of organization management, hence, at the Center for Public Policy, we aim to provide students an opportunity to peel the covers and understand more about public policy formulation in India and how it affects the lives of over a billion people.
The Center for Public Policy at Goa Institute of Management endeavors to take policy matters beyond the classroom and engage in policy development projects involving public and private organizations as well.